Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Is there a better way to spend November 6th?"

I don't have too much time so this will have to be a short post.  I saw this facebook event "Is There a Better Way to Spend November 6th?" that is very inspirational and shows how easy it is to spread the gospel.  The scriptures are all about unity.  When people work together things happen.  This event is going to help us work together so others can see real testimonies.  The bearing of a testimony is the greatest missionary tool.  The people who created that event named it very well.  What better way to spend your day than to tell others about what is most important to you.  It isn't a hard thing either.  If necessary you could do it in only one sentence.  A good example of how easy it is to share the gospel is the new Mormon.org site.  It lets people make their own profile about why they are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  Many of them start with only the persons name and then "I am a Mormon".  How simple and profound of a testimony is that?  It is a declaration that we are followers of Jesus Christ and that we are not ashamed.  (Romans 1:16)  I hope that everyone will become part of this event to help others come unto Christ.  Sharing the gospel online works. 
A few days ago I heard a story of a family in my mission (Connecticut Hartford) who is going to be baptized soon.  They found out everything about the church because of the internet and people they didn't know.  They came across Mormon.org and looked into it.  They were able to have all their questions answered by people who were using a little time to share the gospel.  They got in contact with some members in the area who invited them to church.  They were then able to find out all they needed about what church was like (once again through complete strangers) and were prepared when they went.
It is a miracle what technology can do for missionary work.  I hope that as I get this blog going I will be able to help people to learn about Jesus Christ and follow his example.  Whether I ever meet them isn't the important thing.
So my challenge to you is to become part of this event and spend November 6th, as well as every other day :), sharing your testimony.  I don't think there is a better way to spend November 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment