Saturday, November 13, 2010

College isn't the end?

I have always planned on going to college, finding a career, and a long time later retiring.  Apparently that isn't good enough.  I know we are supposed to be always learning but I always thought of that as informal things like watching a history channel show about ancient Greece or reading a non-fiction book. 
I was looking at the Church News site and saw this article about how the church is helping and encouraging people to continue their education.  As I was reading it I realized how easy it is to do.  We all have our busy schedules and it is hard enough to fit in what we already have going.  The article was about part of the Brigham Young University Independent Study program where they are offering FREE courses in a lot of different areas.  It is set up so you can do it on your own schedule (with no test deadlines to stress you out) but you still have a structure to keep you focused.  Unfortunately as a missionary I am one of the few who can't take one of these classes now but I would encourage everyone to make the time and study something they want to.    If it is going to be so available that it is possible for almost anyone, except missionaries :(, to do it, it must be important.  So go to this site and commit yourself to continuing your education.  http://ce.byu.edu/is/site/courses/free.cfm

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize BYU offered free courses. I went ahead and signed up for one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete